Tirylan House is a new small retreat centre in rural Wales, situated at the western end of the Brecon Beacons National Park, near Llandeilo. Tirylan House is owned and run by Dr Robert M Ellis, author and founder of the Middle Way Society, and Viryanaya Ellis, experienced teacher working in the Triratna Buddhist movement. We have now been granted planning permission as a retreat centre, so will shortly be creating a non-profit business.
What we offer:
- Middle Way Society Retreats for people from any tradition wanting to engage in integrative practices
- Triratna Buddhist retreats
- Independent group retreats based in our separate annexe (which should be ready by late 2022)
- Independent retreats for individuals
- Opportunities for volunteering
- Space for solitary camping retreats on our 17 acres of land
- We aim to create a focused, harmonious and balanced environment for integrative practice, where retreatants can find renewed inspiration, creativity and understanding.
- We want to enable a variety of mutually supportive practices – for instance mindfulness, the arts, and critical thinking – which help to integrate embodied experience and judgement as an interconnected system.
- We aim to offer retreats that are friendly, affordable and practically relevant.
- We intend to run the retreat centre and develop its land in a way that is responsive to the crisis in climate and biodiversity, as well as evoking a sense of beauty and wonder.