Tirylan House is a new small retreat centre in rural Wales, situated at the western end of the Brecon Beacons National Park, near Llandeilo. Tirylan House is owned and run by Dr Robert M Ellis, author and founder of the Middle Way Society, and Viryanaya Ellis, experienced teacher working in the Triratna Buddhist movement.
As a retreat centre, Tirylan House is a private company limited by guarantee, number 14159718. The purpose of the company is only to deal with the funding of retreats, not to make any profit. The premises of Tirylan House are also our home, and we intend its running costs to be shared between us and the retreat centre.
What we offer:
- Middle Way Society Retreats for people from any tradition wanting to engage in integrative practices
- Triratna Buddhist retreats
- Independent group retreats based in our separate annexe
- Solitary retreats in our annexe
- Independent retreats for individuals
- Opportunities for volunteering
- We aim to create a focused, harmonious and balanced environment for integrative practice, where retreatants can find renewed inspiration, creativity and understanding.
- We want to enable a variety of mutually supportive practices – for instance mindfulness, the arts, and critical thinking – which help to integrate embodied experience and judgement as an interconnected system.
- We aim to offer retreats that are friendly, affordable and practically relevant.
- We intend to run the retreat centre and develop its land in a way that is responsive to the crisis in climate and biodiversity, as well as evoking a sense of beauty and wonder.